Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Patient education is important to us at Downtown Dental, and part of that is making sure we leave enough time during appointments to answer any questions you might have. Whether you want to know about taking care of your oral health or you need more information to make the best choices for treatment recommendations, we want you to be informed.
There are quite a few questions we hear over and over from patients, and we have put the most common questions here, for your convenience. Please don’t hesitate to ask us questions that are not listed here. The only sily question is the one that goes unasked!
- Will my procedure hurt?
- Do you offer nitrous oxide
- Are my fillings going to be tooth-colored?
- What other options do I have besides pulling my tooth?
- Is it normal for my gums to bleed when I brush and floss?
- Why do I need to see the dentist if I am not having any problems with my teeth?
- Is an electric toothbrush better than a manual toothbrush?
- Are the floss picks/sticks the same as using regular floss?
- How can I prevent periodontal disease?
- What should I do during a dental emergency?
- What causes cavities?
- Do you have to eat or drink a lot of sugar in order to get cavities?
- Are floss picks as good as traditional string floss?
- What can I do about chips in my teeth?
- How can I keep my teeth whiter?
- Do you offer invisible braces?